Mission of the Junior Board
Is to learn how to become leaders by sustaining the business environment and affect change in their schools, neighborhoods and community.
“Building tomorrows leaders, Today!”
What Do Junior Board Members Do?
- Learn how to conduct meetings, outreach, public speaking, group decision-making.
- Develop project ideas, project management and implantation
- Learn about the community of Kern County and the businesses within.
Benefits of being a junior board member.
- Ali and Earlena Scholarship fund
- Gain a high quality organized and focused volunteer experience.
- Learn to collaborate with city governments and other agencies.
- Learn how to lead.
- Join us at the Ron Brown summit
Who can apply?
- Young people up to the age of 20 years old within Kern county.
- Youths interested in helping their community
- Youths who would like to learn about leadership development, action planning, and group decision making.
- Youths who like working in groups, expressing opinions and having fun.